Ultrahigh-molecular-weight Polyethylene (UHMW)
UHMW is sometimes referred to by its many different trade names, such as RAM-X®. This plastic is an extremely tough plastic with high abrasion and wear resistance. The versatility of polyethylene has made it a popular plastic for industrial applications that require durability, low friction, and chemical resistance.
- Chute, Hopper & truck bed lining
- Wear strips & guide rails
- Star wheels & idler sprockets
- Conveyor systems machinery parts, bumpers, wear guards, & dock protection.
- Any high wear applications
- Excellent mechanical properties
- High abrasion resistance
- Impact strength
- Low coefficient of friction
- Good chemical resistance
- Low moisture absorption
- Easy to fabricate
- Even @ high temperatures, it is resistant to many solvents.